Monday, April 14, 2008

New York Baked Cheesecake

Finally !! I made my first cheesecake ! (Well.. with the help of my mum or I helped my mum.. anyway.. :P ) I was very excited, like a little boy waiting to open his X'mas present, because I think cheesecakes are a whole new level compared to butter cakes and muffins - Not in terms of taste, but in terms of skill and time involved. Cheesecakes can be very delicate and time consuming to make, but the result is worth every bit of sweat and energy put into it. Here is what it looks like:


It doesn't really look like I have baked it for 35 minutes, since the top is not brown. I did expect it to be quite browner at the top, but I must have put too much soured cream (I have misread the recipe which made this happened). Need to remind myself to study the recipe more carefully next time. I think the most difficult part would be the timing and temperature control as like any other cake. This one required a change in temperature during the baking and I think I turned the temperature down too early. Oh well.. there is always next time ! :P



It tasted great! But it was softer than I thought - felt like I was eating mousse :P Need to make the base thicker as well and remember to not press it too much ! Definitely going to try this recipe again ^o^


No comments: